Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Doodles Dancing For Joy but..........

Doodles Dancing for Joy at thought of moving to CA.  But......



Doodles 


Hi Pals,

That Doodles is dancing for joy because he gets to go to California.   But...



Pugs




A very nice family in California wants to give Pugs and Doodles a loving, forever home.   But it's going to take time to arrange for transport.  



Doodles



We put in a request for assistance of transport from a great organization called "Pilots For Paws."  It is a volunteer group of airplane pilots willing to transport rescued animals cross country.   But you have to wait for someone willing to go in the direction you want to go.   Now it's just a matter of waiting for the right pilot to volunteer.   This organization came highly recommended to us by @MattieDog, who has had lots of experience with using this group,  so we are confident they will help us.    




Mom and daughter are starting to make concrete plans now for moving and are making appropriate contacts for help in doing so.  



But....this also means we has to get these two doggies out of the home ASAP - like IMMEDIATELY.   We're trying to find someone to FOSTER them for 2 - 4 weeks until we can get the transportation organized.   I has been tweeting with pals retweeting for me  for 2 days trying to find a foster home for them.  So far - no luck.

Now I'm hoping one of you, dear readers, can help.   The main problem is we need a foster home within about a 100 miles radius of Green Bay as we requesteed a volunteer pilot willing to go from the Green Bay Airport to California, so we need to keep them close so we can get them to the airport when the pilot says he/she will be here.  

Can you, dear readers, help spread the word.   If no one is found soon, we'll have to consider boarding, which isn't going to make the mom very happy.   She really wants to see them in a loving home.  

M has contacted everyone via email that she knows in our state and asked them to spread the word.  She's also made several phone calls  and had her friends that are working post bulletins on bulletin boards.      

Anything you can do to help will be so appreciated.   If you know of anyone living in our state please contact them and ask them to pass the word to their friends.  

Thanks pals.

Mario


12 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

I will retweet when I see your Tweet, Mario.
xox

Pandafur said...

Iz will retweet too Mario

Brian's Home Blog said...

I will send it out too pal!

Marg said...

Gosh that is exciting that they have a home. I will be glad to put this on my Facebook page. I think there are some places that transport animals. I just googled it but I don't know how much they cost. There are other places too that do relay kind of things. Someone that blogs does this. I will go look it up and see if they have any ideas.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Marg stopped by our khorner to share this story -

I wish we could provide some definite assistance but the rescue transports I do are mostly South to North along I81 -

I will share this blog post on my FB page -

I do think there are other FB pages for transport routes - perhaps one of them could help - if nothing more than someone telling someone that would tell someone -

After all they've been through, they need to get to the next step in their furever lives SOON!

Paws khrossed!

Khyra and Her Mom

Oskar said...

Gosh, we don't know anyone in Wisconsin. My paws are crossed!

Would a kennel be willing to volunteer time in this situation?

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

sharing right now......

Deanna said...

Sharing!

The Island Cats said...

Oh we hope something will work out for these two!

Bad Andy said...

Happy there is a home waiting for them & hope a pilot comes through soon! Will put a link on my blog asking for Green Bay area fosters. All the best, XoX

http://badandysotherstuff.blogspot.com/

Admiral Hestorb said...

I will retweet some more, Mario.
xox

Tamago said...

It is great they found a wonderful home! I hope they can move to California as soon as possible.