Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Birthday/Gottcha Day Celebration


Hi Pals,

Do I look old to you?   I was just wondering cuz I turned 6 on Saturday.  A whole 6 years old.  M said she thought a kitty at 6 was considered a senior.  Yikes - I'm not ready for kitty Medicare yet!!




It's Thankful Thursday, so I'm very thankful that my peeps adopted me 3 years ago and gave me a good home.  I'm very thankful to my Twitter and Blog pals for the birthday wishes and for being such good friends.  It made the day special.  M was supposed to throw a pawty for me in the blog world, but she just never got to it.   Between Twitter, my bloggy, and her own bloggy she says it's a full time job that she doesn't always have the energy for. 


It was a great birthday.   First of all the @Meow_Girls surprised me by sending a package addressed to me.  Take a look - there were so many fun things in dat package:
I think I sniff nip in here!


YAY!  A nip cigar.   This one will be fun to bat around the floor too.




YUMM - Temptations and 3 more toys!
Thank you so much Penny, Tippy and oomans Kathy and Anne.   That was so very sweet and thoughtful of you and totally unexpected and unnecessary.  But I loved it.  SMOOCH  SMOOCH  SMOOCH  SMOOCH


Then my M and D got me this really cool tunnel:




As you can see, I have soooo much to be thankful for.   It all began 3 years ago when my peeps brought me to my forever home.  Now I'm on Twitter, have my own bloggy, and all these friends from all over the world.   Aren't I just the luckiest kitty in the whole world!!


If you has time, go over and take a look at M's new bloggy about Parkinson's Disease.   http://shufflingalongwithpd.blogspot.com/.


Mario


27 comments:

Pandafur said...

You sure iz smiling brite in that noo tunnel Mario! That looks like teh mowst funnest an all thoze treets an nip seegar wow! Iz happy you had a grate purrday *hugs*a

Angel Simba said...

Mario, belated happy birthday wishes! That is a cool package of gifts and a wonderful tunnel!

Admiral Hestorb said...

Happy Birfday sweet furiend. My bestest furiend in Twitter along with Hollie. Much loves to you and enjoy your new toys. Maybe we can have our Nip cigars at the same time?

Whisppy said...

Happy Birthday, Mario! That's such a nice tunnel for the birthday boy! Nice package of yummies and nip cigar too!

A Tonl said...

Weeeeeeeeeeee.......
WISH yoo a happy BIRFDAY

we WISH yoo a happy BIRFDAY

we WISH yoo a happy BIRFDAAAAAAAAAAAAY

and a happy 6 years!

*bows* Fanks U! FanksUverymuuuuuch

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am so glad you had a very special birthday pal, you truly are very special and I am delighted to call you friend!!!!

Sparkle said...

I think these days 6 is considered middle aged for us kitties - so don't worry, Mario, you aren't quite ready for AARK (American Association of Retired Kitties) yet!

Oskar said...

Happy birthday Mario!

I'm glad that you have such a wonderful loving home and friends!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Marg said...

Happy Birthday Mario. We sure hope you have a fantastic day. And Yes you are one lucky cat to have such wonderful humans to wait on you all the time. They are special humans, that is for sure. Enjoy your day Mario.

blindmaximus said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Baby Patches said...

MARIO!! Luvs your new post and the pics of you with & in your tunnel! You got pawsome toys and treats for a gift too. Momma and I so happy you has a wonderfur furever home and that we gets to knows you! *nosetaps*

P. Treasure said...

Many happy returns! At 13, I think that a 6 y.o. is still wet behind the ears! Tell your M&D that. P Treasure

Cathy Keisha said...

Yes, you certainly are the luckiest kitty in the world. TW sez 6 cats years equals FORTY human years. Enjoy the wonderful presents.

CATachresis said...

Happy Birthday Mario. You are a very fortunate chap...... and busy by the sound of it! Enjoy :)

Oui Oui said...

Happy Belated Purthday Mario! We wish we had known. However we're on our way over with naptinis now. Its never to late to celebrate! You got some great presents. We love our tunnel too!

The Island Cats said...

Happy Birthday, Mario! You sure did get some great presents! Can we come over and play???

Mr Puddy said...

Happy Happy Birthday MR. Mario !!!!
That's pawsome presents !!!
Lots of love and kisses for you today !
xoxo

Backcountry Brodie said...

You scored big time on your birfday! And fur hasing such a great home, too. Happy birfday!

GLOGIRLY said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! You really cashed in, Mario. Nice going. Better get your mom some math lessons. SIX? OLD? I don't THINK so!!! You are right though...you have much to be thankful for. A loving family makes life worth living.
xo Katie

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you got such cool things for your birthday, Mario!

Pumpkinpuddy said...

We're lucky too cuz we got to know you and M & D. Happy Birthday & Happy Gotcha Day! *hugs hugs hugs*

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We are sorry we did not get to stop by yesterday Mario. But we think you looked so handsome in all of your purrday pictures. WE are so glad that we have met you and your sweet Mom.
purrs
Abby & Mom Debra

Donna said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I love the tunnel. :)

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Mario!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Mario and Mario's mom and Dad, I hopped over from PBU after reading your story!
Looks like you had a lovely birthday, we have a cat tunnel and it's great for zipping in and out of (or hiding in!!) =^..^=

Tamago said...

Happy birthday, Mario!!
No way you look old...you are young, strong and playful! I am very happy you found such wonderful forever home and family. Have a great weekend!

Clooney said...

LOOKIN' GOOD! Happy Belated Birthday and Gotcha Day Mario! And many more...I'z got my jazz paws goin' for ya buddy and hopes that you have a terrific year with your Humans! We wish you all a year with many blessings including health, love and lots of nip cigars! You got the exact same tunnel I have, it's very cool! Don't ya think? I got my tunnel as a surprise present about 1 month after my Gotcha Day 4years ago. My Human thinks that this particular tunnel is the best one she's ever encountered, it's very sturdy and big and all kitties seem to love it! So congrats! Hope you are having a great week.

Your buddy Cloon