I'm so excited today because the abandoned kitty (Jamie) leaves North Carolina on Sunday to begin his journey to his new home with @MizzBassie in Southern Florida. He's being driven by several wonderful volunteers whom M calls "Jamie's Angels." The caravan leaves with Brian's Dad (Terry) driving the 1st leg. He's being handed over to a new driver at each stop. Dorian said she'd post pictures of the hand-off at each stop after the trip is over.
There are so many to thank as this is quite a trip with a lot of humans involved.
M and I want to thank:
1. Brian's dad (Terry at Brian's Home) so much for telling us about Jamie and starting the ball rolling to finding Jamie a new home and seeing that he was comfortable in the shelter and well cared for until a permanent home could be found. Brian does a fantastic job with rescue kitties and many times is called out on an rescue in the middle of the night. This is NOT his first rescue mission by any means. He is a pro.
2. The owner/Manger at the Doggy Shelter who took extra good care of Jamie while he was having to stay there due to lack of room at other shelters. That nice lady kept Jamie with her in the shelter office, where he got lots of lap time and extra attention. She said she would have liked to adopt him because he is such a nice cat, but she has a house full of dogs, and Jamie would not be happy
3. Dorian of @YourDailyCute/ for lining up a group of Rescue Angels and coordinating with Terry on arrangements. She coordinated and contacted her rescue people, set up the itinerary and schedule. Not an easy job I'm sure. She has done this kind of thing many times before and has the system down pat!! We can't thank you enough Dorian. You are a real pro at this rescue business! M says she's sure you spend hours and hours on each rescue because this one was so well thought and planned - right down to an approximate time schedule all day long.
4. All the drivers, who are giving up their personal, free time, and paying for their own gas money to help drive several miles to take Jamie to the next designated stop. You all are special Angels and I'm calling you #Jamie'sAngels. Without you we'd probably still be trying to figure out how to get Jamie to his new home.
5. @MizzBassie for adopting Jamie. We can't thank her enough for saying she'd like to adopt Jamie because we know he's going to a very good home where he will receive expert, loving care. @MizzBassie lost one of her special kitties about a year ago, and she said she was now ready to bring a new kitty into her home to live with the other kitties. We know Jamie will get lots of love and attention with MizzBassie and her family. He is one very, very lucky kitty
6. Then last, but not least, thank you to all of you on Twitter for RTing so many of my tweets and for putting up with seeing so many tweets over and over again on the same subject. Without your help, we would not have found two of the volunteers! Once again, the anipals on Twitter and the Blogosphere ROCK!
What a wonderful group of humans working so hard to get Jamie to his new home with @MizzBassie. We feel so honored to be associated with such a wonderful group and to be a tiny part of this very special rescue.
SPECIAL NOTE: You can follow Jamie's progress on Twitter by watching for the hashtag #JamieRoadTrip. Dorian will post the tweet and a few of us will be watching so we can RT it. It's going to be so fun to follow his progress. As soon as the time line is posted, I'll tweet the begin time on Sunday morning with the hashtag of #JamieRoadTrip.
Woohoo - this is all just so exciting! Now I just hope "Sandy" gets out of the way of the route our "Jamie's Angels" are taking.
Oh yes, a big thank you to all of you for your many comments and suggestions on my blog. All the suggestions were good ones and were passed on to Brian and Dorian. I'm keeping them as ideas if and when there is a "next time."
Until next time pals,
P.S. M says special thoughts and prayers are going to our pals along the East Coast where Sandy is whipping up quite a storm. We hope everyone is safe and out of harms way. She will be worried about our #JamiesAngels also as they make the journey to Jamie's new home.