Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pedigree Write A Post, Help A Dog (Kitty Helping Doggies

Pedigree Write A Post, Help A Dog

I'm not a dog, I'm a cat (last time I looked anyway), but I have lots of doggie friends and sure would love to help out shelter dogs.   It's easy too and only takes a few minutes of your time.  Whew!  I made it just in time because the deadline is tomorrow.  Act NOW - you still have time.

Tomorrow (September 19) is the deadline for the Pedigree Write A Post Help A Dog Campaign. The brilliant social media people (or maybe it was the Head Dog there) came up with this great idea to promote their brand and their very wonderful work helping create awareness for adopting from a shelter. Even Mashable picked up on the campaign.

While Pedigree hopes people will adopt shelter dogs, this campaign helps provide food for the dogs still there. For every blog that is posted about the campaign and for every new Facebook Fan (or "Like" as Facebook changed it), Pedigree will donate a 20 pound bag of dog food to a shelter.

What I like about the Pedigree campaign is they emphasize RESPONSIBLE adoption - meaning families need to know what it means to adopt a dog and understand the commitment so the dog will find a real furever home!

So if you haven't already written your post or "liked" Pedigree on Facebook, what are you waiting for? Be sure to add it here:

2 comments:

Yoda_the_Dog said...

I will make sure I do the cat litter thing every day I heard about from Boris to help shelter kitties in your honor! I also do the FreeKibble.com for cats too. We all have to help each other! Yoda smooches to you Mario,

Cosmo Havanese said...

Thanks pal for helping the doggies!
Your pal,
Cosmo Havanese