Thursday, September 22, 2016

I Am A Lucky One! - Thankful Thursday. #RememberMeThursday



Hi Pals:

Today is #RememberMeThursday, a day to remember all the shelter cats that were not as lucky as I was.  Many have died while waiting for their forever home.   What a sad thing to think about.  I am so very thankful that I was one of the lucky ones.   No wonder I  insisted that D adopt me when M and D came to the shelter looking for a cat.  (See my adoption story) in the Tab at the top of the page).    I had been in the shelter for 4 months, and I think M and D saved my life.  It makes us sad that many others didn't make it.  So when thinking about getting a pet (cat, dog, or whatever), check with your local shelter first.   They have so many wonderful, loving, adoptable pets just waiting for a good home.

Our good friend The Stunning Keisha said it so well in her blog yesterday, please read it if you have not already done so.

On this Thankful Thursday, I am so thankful for my loving home with two staff humans that dote on my every need and whim.   In return, I give them lots of love - head bumps, purrs, lap time when they want it, and I'm a very happy kitty to be here.

I'm joining PepiSmartDog's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.  I'm also thankful to Michele for leading the blog hop every week.   I hope my try at linking up goes better this week.  I have absolutely no idea what went wrong last week that I could only connect to part of the link.

Join us in the blog hop and remind pals people to shop at Animal Shelters first when looking for that special pet.



Mario




18 comments:

Marg said...

We did not know about this day. WE really need to get on Twitter. Mario, we are so glad that you found such a good home. You are such a lucky kitty. You all have a great day.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Hey Mario, we didn't know about this day either, thanks so much fur sharing!

Purrs

Basil & Co xox

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was a sweet post Mario and we sure are the lucky ones. I see you got the Hop linky going, bravo!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Mario, you hit the jackpot that day your humans came into the shelter!

Cathy Keisha said...

And I'm lucky I started on Twitter where I met you! We are so lucky to have loving homes while so many die in the street and in shelters without love. Thanks for the shout-out!

Random Felines said...

those are good things to be thankful for

wildcatwoods said...

We are lucky too - being feral most of us would not have been adopted if we had been brought to a shelter.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....frum bee in street wize... ta shelter rezz cuez....we all iz veree thanx full we haza place ta call home...N we troo lee hope all petz everee wear ....can bee az for choo net ~~~~~ ♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

We're glad you got 'dopted too Mario and dat we're furiends. We purray fur all those less furtunate than us dat they too will find furever luv.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

We're so grateful we were adopted from the shelter, and for our wonderful home. We're also participating today to spread the word.

pilch92 said...

Great post Mario, I am so glad you got a loving forever home. I wish all cats were so lucky. My Snowball and KaTwo were in the shelter for 2 years before I adopted them.

The Island Cats said...

We're purring for all those animals in shelters waiting for their forever homes and all those who sadly never made it out. We're glad you were one of the lucky ones, Mario.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

You are so right my furiend!!! You, me and thankfully sooo many others are lucky kitties! Love, Cody catchatwithcarenandcody

Ivan from WMD said...

Mario, we are all lucky former shelter kids too. It's good we all have so much to be thankful for!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're glad you were adopted. And we're thankful to the shelters that try to find a home, however long it takes.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We celebrate your luck!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

We are so happy that you did not have to languish overly long in the shelter, Mario.

meowmeowmans said...

Thank Cod you were so lucky, Mario. You sure did find a wonderful forever home!