Wednesday, September 28, 2016

YIKES - I Did Not Do It!

Hi Pals,

I thought it  was about time you saw my new digs - errr, apartment.   See that little tiny red X in the middle, well, the window on the right side is our front window.  The bedrooms go around to the side of the parking lot.

Yesterday M and D and I were peacefully sitting in the living room.   M decided it was a little chilly in the house so asked D to turn on the furnace to take the chill out of the air.   Welllllllllll, that set off the smoke alarm in our unit.   M immediately called down to the concierge desk and told them what had happened.    It seems that is typical the first time you turn the heat on in the fall because all the dust and kitty furs settled in the registers over the summer. M could smell it burning and ran around to the two bedrooms, but could not see anything on fire.   

The fellow from maintenance was up to our apartment within minutes and cleaned out the registers for us so it should not do that again.   

I tell you pals, we had flashing lights blinking inside the apartment in addition to the loud siren.   I just stayed on D's lap cuz I knew I was safe there.  It was kinda scary tho!

Until next time,

Mario

24 comments:

Marg said...

Well, that sounds scary. Glad it all worked out for you. That looks like a nice apartment complex.

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

That would have been scary indeed! Dog-guy here barks his head off at the smoke alarm here...imagine adding that to all the ruckus in your den, MOL!! Good thing you were safe on D's lap.

Nice complex you live in now:)

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Whoa! I bet even I would have been scared by that!

dezizworld.com said...

Oh Meow Mario dat does sound a bit scary. Glad everythin' is okay and there wasn't really a fire. And by da way, those Honest Kitchen Wishes treats we reviewed aren't actually hard or crunchy. Mommy says they kinda feel like a stale graham cracker so we betcha' dat you'd be able to eat it. And you can always add water or broth to it and have a bite of fresh fish. Anyways, we're just glad you all are okay. Sendin' hugs.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Brian said...

Well Mario, at least you know the smoke detector thingy works!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....we wooda been scared two, we due knot like de noiz that thing makes; sure we iz thanx full we haz it... but deer cod..... yur new digs look total lee awesum out doorz...AND ya haza BURD FREE SKY !!! ♥♥♥

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That's so scary! Glad everything is ok.

Caren Gittleman said...

Pretty cool Mario! Lots of exciting stuff going on in your new digs! Thank goodness you were all ok though! Love, Cody catchatwithcarenandcody

William's Kith & Kin said...

OMC, Mario! How very scary for you!

We know the first time our heat is on that it smells gross, but we've never had to endure the alarm! Well...only when our mom gets all spazzy trying to change the batteries--that's always a gigantic audio deal!

The Island Cats said...

That woulda scared us, too, Mario. When the furnace gets turned on here, it just smells kinda bad at first. The mom hasn't turned it on yet, thank cod.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That is scary. I am glad everyone was OK.

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Exciting way ta start the warming season!

The Swiss Cats said...

That's scary ! But at least, you know it works ! Purrs

Mr Puddy said...

I bet you run REAL FAST !
but my mom tried to imagine all the dust and kitty furs in action ! it quite a moment ... MOL
=^x^=

Miss Julie and Mr Izzy said...

You are so very brave. We have that smell too at the first of the colder season but to have alarms going off and strangers come in would be scary. Good job protecting your peeps, Mario!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Oh noes! That is scary, Mario. We're glad everything was OK>

Katie Isabella said...

GOSH that was scary!!! Good thing they were on the spot in a flash!

The Indulged Furries said...

I'd be scared and under the bed if the smoke alarm were going off. I'm glad the maintenance guy figured it out and got it all fixed for you.

Bionic Basil said...

Oh no, we'd be scared if that happened!!!! YIKES!!!

We hope all is well now and it doesn't happen again.

Purrs

Basil & Co xox

Team Tabby said...

Yikes, Mario! Quite the scare, glad it was not an emergency.

Mindy & Mike

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! I hate it when the alarms go off in the hall cos TW jumps and gets all red in the face with worry.We have to turn on the heat soon to test it.

Peaches and Paprika said...

Love to see where our pals live! But we can see your life is overly exciting there. Thanx for the Meowsings! Purrs, P & P

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

That must have been super scary but good to know the alarm is nice and sensitive. It'll keep you all safe and sound, for sure. Purrs, Seville.

meowmeowmans said...

Mario, your new apartment looks great! We are sorry to hear about that scary fire alarm thingy. Glad you guys are okay.