Monday, September 26, 2011

#FarmPawty

#FarmPawty held at @PierreThePoodle's House 9/24/11
Attendees:   @AngusFala, @BigBoyBosco, @BusyButtons
@IamZorro, @Niqqi, @PierreThePoodle
@Mariodacat's oomans.
Hi Pals,
This past weekend, on Saturday, M and D went to an anipal meetup at @PierreThePoodle's house.   Dang it all, I didn't get to go with cuz M thought I wouldn't handle dat long of a car trip and because there were going to be so many doggies there.  She thought I'd be afraid, but..... they are all my friends, so how could I be afraid of dem?   Now I have to turn my bloggy over to her cuz she wants to tell you all about the fun time they had WITHOUT me!   Then, to make matters worse, she didn't even show my picture (I made her photoshop it now on the group picture).  She claims they were having so much fun dat she forgot!  Likely excuse!

Mary here:  
Don and I had so much fun.  It was so great to meet all the wonderful doggies and their fantastic humans.  

Since it would have been a good 7-8 hour trip from Green Bay to Pierre's house, we opted to spend Friday night in Madison, and again Saturday night after the Farmpawty.   It was a much more relaxing trip.
PierreThePoodle's mom Cindy, Pierre, and his sister Laci.
Thank you so much Cindy and Bruce for hosting this fabulous event.   We had such a great time, and it was so fun meeting you and Bruce, and Pierre finally after talking to him for 2 years,  and his sweet sister Laci.


Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures of each human with their animal.  Once everyone arrived, we had at least 12 doggies milling around, all having fun and getting along like they were old friends.   No squabbles either.   But I did get a few random shots of:
Emily and sweet, shy @BusyButtons

Dee and @IamZorro, who still thinks he a cute little puppy, but is really a cute big doggie.


TreatTime for Lisa's crew (@BigBoyBosco & house mates)  All that mayheim around and they still manage to sit with full attention on Lisa.   Dee (Zorro's mom) is sitting along side Lisa.


Adorable @Niqqi sitting next to her mom, Dana.  Yes, she's every bit as cute in person as she is in a picture.  Such a little "lady" too!


Next to me is @BigBoyBosco, then his mom, Lisa.   Standing in the center is Dana holding @Niqqi.   Niqqi's dad is seated across from me.


@BigBoyBosco with Patch on the left.  Standing is Dana with @Niqqi, seated is Niqqi's dad, Bruce. 


Left to right (I'm sorry I don't remember this young man's name, but he's a personal friend of Cindy and Bruce, along with his doggie who fit right in);  Angusfala's human sister holding Laci, and holding Angus' sister on the leash;  Patch is the white dog with his rear to the camera - good shot; Dee holding Zoro on the leash; Lisa holding one of her doggies on the leash - looks like Ginger's head maybe; Cindy holding Pierre; Mary, Mariodacat's mom; Dana holding @Niqqi; Emily holding Buttons; and Kim (@AngusFala's mom) holding Angus.


What a great group of friends.   I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderful group.   This will be a trip I'll remember forever.   Even Don said he really enjoyed it.  He's the one who I dragged along kicking and screaming, but who had to admit it was way more fun than he thought it would be.  He also said "what a great bunch of people and well behaved dogs")   I'm still amazed that there was never a fight among the dogs!   i think that demonstrates excellent training by their wonderful humans in seeing that the dogs are well socialized and get to doggie parks for more socialization as often as their time permits.

Sadly, @SidTheCatahoula and his humans, and @Kyba and his humans could not join us for the day.   I would have so enjoyed meeting them too.  I just know they also are wonderful people.

Mary for Mario






21 comments:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

*darn* Mario
We think you would have fit in purrfectly -- but the long car trip maybe not!?!
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Backcountry Brodie said...

Mario, they went and had fun times without YOU?!?!? And that BusyButtons would have loved you. Rilly. I think you should leave a slimy hairball in a shoe fur them not taking you along.

Angel Simba said...

What an awesome thing for your humans to be able to do!!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is so cool and such fun!!! My Dad got to meet Niqqi at BarkWorld last year.

The Island Cats said...

That sure looked like fun!

Pandafur said...

I wud be furry angry Mario cuz that looks like it wuz so much funs an so meny grate anipals wuz there! Iz angry your mom din't tayk ME! MOL

Pumpkinpuddy said...

That looks like it was a great gathering. I'm so sorry you didn't get to go. I hope you're coming up with an appropriate punishment for M & D.

Zorro said...

Mary it was grrrrreat to meet you and Don. I would have loved to meet Mario too, but probably would have POUNCED him! What a wonderful fun afternoon we had. Thank you for making that long trip!!

Busy Buttons said...

Mario, it was SO cool to get to meet your parents! Mom & I loved them. Wish I could have met you, too. I really, really love kitties. I don't chase or pounce...I just like to stare and admire! Kitties are wonderful... *sighs*

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Oh what fun it looks like, and you got to meet BUTTONS!! *squee* We're big Button fans here.

So many cute puppies, what a wonderful gathering!

Marg said...

That does look like so much fun to meet blogging friends and all the doggies. Mario, we are glad you didn't go. You might have been the entertainment. Love all the pictures. Take care.

marley said...

Wow, that bloggie has cheered us up here. Wot a grate pawty. We was partickly appy to see Bosco lookin so ansome, but all out other pals too. We sure do miss em all now that we is not tweetin

Anonymous said...

That is so pawsome you all met and the furs ones! hugs What a pawsome pawty! xoxoxo

Team Tabby said...

What an awesome time your beans had with the gathering, seeing all those friends!

That long car ride would be a deal breaker for us too.

Have a great day, Mario!

Mindy
Moe
Bono
Cookie
Mike

Prudence said...

Looks like everyone had such a great time! Thank you for sharing the pictures w/us!

Oskar said...

Wowee it sounds like an amazing time! It's not right that you didn't get to go. I would demand extra treats & belleh rubs!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Cathy Keisha said...

What a wonderful group of friends. I bet you and me together could've taken those dogs on. Love Buttons.

Ody said...

Meeting anipals is always fun! Smokey & I got to meet some furiends last May here in Las Vegas.

Pat Wahler said...

How fun! Looks like all of you had a great day!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Admiral Hestorb said...

What a great day and I am SO glad you both got to go, M & D. Mari would have loved teleporting over and I wish he had thought of it.

My mom so wishes she could have met everyone. She'd have loved that. Too to too far though.
xoxoxo

Honeybell said...

That looked like great fun for all! (well, except you , Mario! - hmmm this is unacceptable - M is out of control again I see?) MOL!

We will have a meeting about the humans! :)